The Spinning Dot Youth Company and Teen Apprentices
Active. Engaging. Meaningful.
Spinning Dot Theatre’s work with youth reaches two goals: 1. To engage youth in global arts and cultures. 2. To teach them the diverse and fascinating craft of theatre. We do this through safe and nurturing environments that inspire youth to dive into new and challenging experiences alongside artists from around the world.
The Youth Company is a core group of young people between the ages of 8-12.
The Youth Company:
- Works with Spinning Dot Theatre artists, directors, guest artists and playwrights.
- Creates and performs in multiple productions.
- Has opportunities to design, direct, choreograph, write, etc.
- Explores both global and artistic initiatives.
The Teen Apprentices are a small group of young adults between the ages of 12-18.
The Teen Apprentices:
- Work with Spinning Dot Theatre artists, directors, guest artists and playwrights.
- Create and performs in multiple productions.
- Have opportunities to apprentice certain key aspects of the Spinning Dot Company chosen by the Teens themselves.
- Explore both global and artistic initiatives.
And we have a great deal in store for 2016-2017: Our next Spinning Dot Junkanoo – tales, movement and music from around the world, a Youth Directed One Act Festival, Apprentice driven initiatives, and a full length performances of a new and exciting international plays.
If you are interested in getting involved, contact Jenny Koppera at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Thanks to Ann Arbor Civic Theatre for Supporting our Spinning Dot Youth Company!